Ever since I purchased my first digital camera and began learning Photoshop, I have been passionate about using creative applications to inform and invite. As a graphic designer I have been fortunate to work with my clients to visually conceptualize their unique stories.
Digital Media Assistant, Bollman Hat Company
Founded in 1868, Bollman is a global company that enjoys the status of being America’s oldest hat company. I was brought on board to assist the eCommerce division, Hats.com, as well as other areas of the company, to achieve sales goals using web and print media.
- As part of the web design and marketing team, I helped drive the website’s sales to a record high for 2015 through quality photo processing and creative web graphics.
- When our president needed a concept sketch for a new hat display/restocking system for brick and mortar stores, he asked me to create it. My sketch was used in multiple presentations promoting innovative ways to sell our product.
- In collaboration with brand managers, I produced catalog layouts, according to brand specifications. These catalogs were provided to sales teams, for more effective sales to their wholesale clients.
Starla Design is my own design company which allows me to pursue a range of creative projects. Through my design I am able to help clients reach their goals for growing their own businesses or events.
- The Apple Blossom Bike Tour was started in 2013 to raise funds for a private school. I designed posters, flyers, and magazine ads that contributed to a 60% increase in participation over three years.
- The founder of Keys To Living Well approached me to help her develop a remote training for lifestyle coaches. We devised, and I produced, a video lecture series for DVD with accompanying workbooks that facilitate group learning of healthy lifestyle coaching skills.
- Grace Outlet Adventist Church hosted a safe Halloween alternative called “Trunk or Treat” for a local elementary school. I designed a logo, posters and flyers which contributed to an attendance of over 400 children in its first year.
Administrative Assistant/Graphic Designer, Pennsylvania Conference
The PA Conference is the statewide headquarters for the Seventh-day Adventist church, overseeing 127 churches and 13 schools. I assisted the Communications Director in raising awareness of conference-wide initiatives and events as well as maintaining the office IT infrastructure.
- When the Communications Director wanted to develop a series of events for teen girls, I created individually mailed postcard invitations and posters resulting in each event being filled to capacity.
- We noticed that a lot of printed information was going out from different departments, each requiring multiple mailings. To reduce costs for printing and mailing, I designed a monthly newsletter containing all of the information from each department.
- In collaboration with our IT support group, I planned and implemented an upgrade/maintenance schedule which allowed equipment to be routinely replaced, positively impacting work efficiency and reducing overall costs.
Bachelor of Science, Visual Communications
Westwood College Online, Westminster, Colorado
Bachelor of Science, ASL/English Interpreting
Bloomsburg University, Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
Adobe InDesign CC
Adobe Photoshop CC
Adobe Illustrator CC
Adobe Lightroom CC
Adobe Premiere CC
Adobe After Effects CC
Adobe Flash CC
Adobe DreamWeaver CC
Adobe Acrobat CC